Old Testament Gospel Doctrine Reading and Resources! @ Times & Seasons
- December has finally arrived! For the last six months, I’ve felt like Old...
The Joseph Smith Papers, Documents Volume 2 @ Times & Seasons
- On Monday I attended a launch event at the Church History Library for the second...
The Practical Atonement @ Times & Seasons
- This is the third of three posts on the atonement (see here and here). What effect, if...
Finding my Power in the Church @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- I feel a bit of uncertainty in the air. Worry. Even fear. Sadness and hurt. Being...
Music for Advent 1 @ By Common Consent
That Ye Might Have Joy @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- RuthAnn Fisher grew up in northern California, and Idaho, and now lives in Utah. She went...
Some Feminist Thinkers: Episode 1 @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- In the October 2013 General Conference, Elder D. Todd Christofferson delivered a sermon...
The Fourth Point: Caring for the Poor and Needy @ Times & Seasons
- In 2009 the “threefold mission” of the Church was extended to include a fourth point:...
The Christian Disciplines: Prayer @ By Common Consent
Literary Lorenzo Snow #23: Stanzas @ Times & Seasons
- There is no shortage of poetry about Joseph Smith, the subject of lesson 23 of the...
“Don’t Let’s Ask for the Moon; We Have the Stars” @ By Common Consent
Literary DCGD #46: Zion @ Times & Seasons
- Perhaps the most difficult issue in discussing the idea of Zion is defining exactly what...
Archive Sunday: Feminist, Again @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- This archive Sunday post by fMhLisa was originally posted on December 31, 2004. To see...
Hodayot: A Dead Sea Scroll Thanksgiving @ Times & Seasons
One of the...
Music for Thanksgiving @ By Common Consent
Homeless Bishop and Women in Pants: A Second Chance People @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- Four years ago, when I was serving as Young Women’s first counselor, we were...
Bittersweet Thanksgiving @ Times & Seasons
- We grew up.
All of those kids I went to high school with. Not just high school; my family...
The Theological Atonement @ Times & Seasons
- Last week I posted The Atheological Atonement, noting that the LDS Church affirms the...
On non-volitional sex @ By Common Consent
Eliza R. Snow and the inclusivity of the gospel @ By Common Consent
New Series: Navigating Mormonism as a Tempered Radical @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- By Jessica F.
This post is beginning of a multi-post series examining the intersection...
Money for Nothing and the Housing for Free @ Times & Seasons
- On Thursday, November 21, the district court of the Western District of Wisconsin...
Suffering, Trigger Warnings, and Human Harm @ By Common Consent
Bloggernacle, Meet The Mormon Studies Review @ By Common Consent
OD2–How’d it go? @ By Common Consent
Sunday Evenings with the Doctrine and Covenants. Section 132. Part 14. Polygamy: Epilogue–Polygamy Today @ By Common Consent
Strengthening “For the Strength of Youth” @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- by Chris Taber
Last week, as I was preparing my Seminary lesson on Jacob 2, I was mindful...
Why do we make it so hard for my daughter to pick Mormonism? @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- by Stephanieeeeeee
On Sunday, my daughter was an altar server for the very first time.
The Pearl of Great Price @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- Can we talk about the Pearl of Great Price? I love it. Just the first few pages of the...
Saint Elisabeth – A Real Princess Story @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- This year when I was in Germany, I took my family to see the Wartburg in Eisenach, a...