How I Stay: Steph G. @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- I’m an extrovert and a talker. One of the methods by which I discover what I’m really...
A Personal History of Polygamy @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- I’m a tween-aged Mormon girl in a Southern town where Baptist churches still show The...
Plural Marriage and The Stories That Matter @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- I spent the 4th of July with my immediate and extended family in Washington, Utah (just...
Ask fMh: Temple Recommends and Same Sex Marriage @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- Here’s another question for all of you fMh readers. What advice would you give to...
The Festival of Lights @ By Common Consent
Book review: ‘The Lost Book of Mormon’ @ By Common Consent
Year of Polygamy @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- Hey all,
I’ve had a crazy-busy day and everyone is asking for my take on the newest...
New Polygamy Essays @ Times & Seasons
- Read them here, here, and here. I’ll leave the squabbling over whether they...
If You Like Trunk-or-Treats You Probably Don’t Have a Testimony @ By Common Consent
When the Temple Hurts: Taking My Daughter to the Temple @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
This post is part of a series on painful, disappointing, and otherwise negative...
Institutional Change: Pulling the Rug from Under the Most Committed @ By Common Consent
Mormonism Isn’t About Mormonism @ Times & Seasons
- It’s a mistake to think that Mormonism is about Mormonism.
Similarly, it’s a...
“Life withers when there are things we cannot share” @ By Common Consent
Book of Mormon Weaponry, Ranked @ By Common Consent
Ask fMh: I want to believe @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- Hello fMh readers, can you help out a sister? Leave your advice in the...
4 o’clock @ Times & Seasons
- A few years ago, my sister handed me a lumpy white envelope for Christmas. I opened it...
Announcement: Faith & Knowledge Conference at UVa @ Times & Seasons
- THE FIFTH BIENNIAL FAITH AND KNOWLEDGE CONFERENCE
UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA
Join us for Counterpoint! @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- An amazing lineup is in the works for the 2014 Counterpoint Conference! We hope to see...
Activity Day Girls Craft Idea: Binary Code Necklace @ By Common Consent
Archive Sunday: Practical Priesthood @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
- This archive Sunday post originally appeared on October 5, 2006. To read the original...
Sunday Morning Poem: “The Flower,” by George Herbert @ By Common Consent
O Thou That Tellest Good Tidings to Zion @ By Common Consent
How I Stay: Brandt Malone @ Feminist Mormon Housewives
When Jerilyn asked me to write a piece for the new FMH Series “How I Stay,”...
The Body of Christ @ Times & Seasons
- “Is the church true?”
This question is, I think, poorly posed. It seems ill-suited to...
On Persecution @ By Common Consent
Recommended NT Resources part 2: General and Reference (updated) @ Times & Seasons
- Many of these can be purchased in paper, kindle, or from Logos or Accordance. (I’m...
Two Approaches to Isaiah @ Times & Seasons
- This is going to be a post about Isaiah that does *not* talk about Second Isaiah. After...
A Hypothesis for Columbus Day @ Times & Seasons
- 1 Nephi 13:12 refers to Bartolome de las Casas.
Our Prayers and God’s Messy Plans @ Times & Seasons
- The Council of Gods, Giovanni Lanfranco (From Wikimedia Commons)
I taught lesson 35...
Meeting the Mormons @ Times & Seasons
- Imagine that the Meet the Mormons movie was made any time between, say, 1940 and 1990. I...